Friday, June 10, 2011

Mugged/mobbed




How can I even start sharing a traumatic experience without breaking down to tears?




.....



June 10, 2011 - 12:30-1:00 am





The tragedy happened. I was just a few blocks away from our house when the incident happened. I was mobbed & mugged by four men riding in a motorcycle. Two (I guess) of them were wearing full-faced helmet.



I really can't continue...... But I just want everybody who can read this to be very vigilant & careful all the time.



Be careful





Fortunately I wasn't hurt. physically. but I think the trauma is even worse than physical harm and this will surely linger for an indefinite period of time.



My brother was quick to respond when I shouted. He along with a concerned neighbor even tried to chase the 'bastards'. When I saw my brother attempting to chase them I tried to block his way. I was worried he'd be harmed. or he could harm. He was in a 'devil mode' that time, and it was the first time I saw him like that. I wasn't sure what he could do. Even I was afraid of him. It was also the first time I appreciate him as a brother, although he's younger.




This experience somehow taught me many things.


1. 'Life' is still more important than any material things you possess. And...


2. I love my family more than ever.


3. These are the times I feel so helpless. I had always been a staunch believer of strong will. That nothing can be an excuse if you really wanna do something. But then...at that moment..




4. ....no matter how strong I willed...there are still things beyond my control.


5. That if we are wise, 'holdapers' are wiser (in some way) - when 'they' were groping me, I realized they knew where we could possibly put important things. They even tried to search under my bra. Good heavens not on the 'sensitive part'. Even my shoes & ears were checked.




I hate to accept these kinds of moments.



But that's life.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Mga sumabay sa aking byahe