Monday, November 30, 2009

First Day of December

This picture was taken by me last '08 Christmas at my Best Friend's House.

Today is a very significant day for me. Nope it's not my birthday nor my salary day. Today is the first day of December....which means....?????? what else but the CHRISTMAS we have all been waiting for. This is the time of the year that I keep looking forward to. It keeps me a child at heart!

I don't know but the name Christmas sounds blissful to my ears. I love to hear carols & christmas songs. I love to see various blinking lights...I love seeing & feeling the atmosphere of giving & loving around me.


What really matters most for me every Christmas is the thought that people never forget to give & share what they have unconditionally. There was one time that I was so giddy waiting for the special holiday. Then it came. I think I was in 2nd year high school. I woke up in the morning & I didn't receive any from my parents. My pocket was also empty. I felt sad the depressed then.... suddenly I became sulky. I had thought. "What does Christmas really mean?" Is it all about the gifts?? The lights?? the songs?? the rushing people in markets & department stores?? I had thought hard trying to find answers from my innocent mind.... then I looked around me. People are smiling. They are genuinely happy especially the kids. It enlightened me & gave me the real meaning of the holiday.


And so the countdoen continues.... here I am again finding the child in me every Christmas. I hope it's not only for Christmas. I wish to see things from a child's eyes..then I'm sure that would keep me smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mga sumabay sa aking byahe