Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Skin Problem


Pimples have been my problem since I started doing my thesis last year. I could only get an average of 3 hours sleep a day. I was juggling my thesis, full time job & OJT so skincare was far from my priorities. I just realized how badly it had affected my confidence. 

This was me before the pimple breakout.
I can't seem to find a photo of me having a lot of pimples. Yeah I guess that's how I used to hate 'it'. Not wanting to be taken picture. 

Now, through the pieces of advice my skin conscious & beauty expert office friends give me, I've learned the ABC's of skincare. I now try to religiously follow the Cleanse+Tone+Moisturize regimen. So far, I haven't tried the last one yet (M) since I couldn't seem to find the chance to pick a good brand/product. I've only been using cleanser & toner and they have proven to be very effective. Since then. my skin seems less dry & there are no pimple breakouts anymore. Thank God! I thought I was on my way of becoming a 'taghiyawat na tinubuan ng mukha'

I use Eskinol Gluta-Milk whitening Facial Scrub. It's has beads that makes me feel that dirt are really removed from my skin. The 100 ml bottle costs 125.00 pesos & the 10 ml sachet which I prefer costs around 15.00 pesos.

Eskinol Gluta-Milk Whitening Facial Scrub 

 For my toner, we saw this buy 1 take one offer at Watson's & my good friend Tina & I agreed to try it. It costed 199.75 pesos for two. So we only paid 100.00 pesos each. I can say it doesn't have a strong scent, it's sometimes 'mahapdi' to my pimples but so far I am very happy with the effects. You can spray it directly to your skin or to the cotton ball. 

Moringa-O Toner Pritz

This is my most recent picture & even though I still have a few pimple scars, I'm happy with the fewer pimples. 



I just bought a moisturizer & a new facial wash a few hours ago. 

Myra Daily Sun Protect Facial Moisturizer
Price: 50 ml 99.75 pesos


Celeteque Dermoscience Facial Wash with Natural Moisturizing Factor 
Price: 60 ml 79.75 pesos 


I'll try these products later & post some reviews about them. 
Wish me luck! I'm just new to these kind of things . I am so apprehensive & anxious.

How about you my dear Kablogs? Do you have any suggestions?

Note: Picture of different brands here are not mins. They were randomly taken from the Google images. 

                                          

6 comments:

  1. hi Jill! i love your photos and i suggest you use the same brand for your skin care. baka kase may ingredients na magreact.. but as long as they don't do any harm, then just go on.. si mother in law ko, halos monthly may bagong skin care set. ewan ko, pinapanligo yata kase yung binili ni Alex for me last year e meron pa yatang tig kalahating laman, haha! pero siguro kase matanda na kaya din kahit pinaghahalo halo nya e okay lang.

    it's very important to moisturize pero dapat konting konti din lang ilagay mo. don't drown your skin.

    sunblock sunblock sunblock.. kahit magluluto ka lang.. sunblock pa rin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also tried different brands before I discovered what's good for my skin. Now, I found the right combination! At the moment, I use Pond's facial foam and Olay's Natural White day cream with spf24 & the night cream. I don't tone. I don't like the feeling of it...but if you do try Nivea refreshing toner I think it's lighter than the other toners you buy in the market...or you can try exfoliating your face at least once a week with a washcloth.
    With the moisturizer I think nothing beats Olay. They are really good. It doesn't feel greasy and leaves your skin supple :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! Thanks a lot for the suggestions Jehan & April! I appreciate them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill! I love your outfit (corset skirt ♥♥♥)!!~ It's true that you have to go through various brands before you get the right "timpla" or mix that's perfect for you. When it comes to toners, I prefer water-based ones because they're less harsh on the skin. I've also tried the Myra-E moisturizer and I'd give it a 4/5 (hydrated my skin and didn't cause any breakouts). Right now, my cleanse+tone+moisturize products are Nivea Sparkling White Facial Wash, Nature Republic's Bamboo of Damyang Toner and Moisturizer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog! :D

    When I was in highschool, I had a lot of pimples. My mom made me use Perla to wash my face (which sounds ridiculous, I know) and it really did help clear my face! I think they've changed the formulation already but that's basically my skin saver. Then I started using Pond's products - toners, facial washes. No more breakouts :D

    I think you look good in the picture :) And your outfit looks chic :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi...
    Nice Post..This mostly applies to women, although men wear make-ups too. This is one of the easiest ways to avoid pimple formation. Avoid wearing heavy make-up because this can only block your pores and therefore, prevent sweats and oils from escaping. The oil and sweats will then accumulate and will lead to pimple formation. Make-ups actually contain some irritating chemicals that can irritate skin.
    Thanks
    back hair removal for men wax

    ReplyDelete

Mga sumabay sa aking byahe