Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Brian in Jeollanam-do to vanish soon???

I've been following Brian in Jeollanam-do blog... and I've been facsinated at how thought provoking his posts are. I even tried to paint him in my mind hoping to somehow visualize his emotions while blogging. I imagine him being a typical american guy full of grievances & anger.

Today Feb. 3, 2010 I have finally seen his picture on the web. (he looks a bit different than I expected)


Brian Deutsch, a well-known Internet blogger, is leaving the country and concluding his blogging career this month.
/ Korea Times Photo by JR Breen

But in the news on KoreaTimes it said that he'll be leaving his blog. I just don't know why. Sayang... madalas pa naman siyang magupdat ng kung anu ano about Korea. Also according to the article the man you see above has put Jeollanam-do on the map and he is given the title as "the angriest blogger in KOrea".

Read the full article from KOrea Times here: click here.

*****

I've just read his recent post about the article in KoreaTimes & I found this:

"I saw down with J.R. Breen for two hours on January 28th, and the result is in the Korea Times today. We talk about me, my blog, and what it will become when I leave Korea. Expect fuller comments in a few days, and expect regular blogging to continue for the next month or so."

2 comments:

  1. i like Brian's blog too. he doesn't fail in expressing his thoughts on matters concerning him or that interest him as a foreigner residing here. he also doesn't fail in showing interesting things or happenings here in Korea. unlike the Korea Times that can't even write a sports article about the recently concluded 4 Continents Championships held here in Korea. Why would they anyway? Mao Asada, a Japanese, won the gold...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks for the kind words.

    The KT article maybe gave the wrong impression . . . I'm not leaving the blog, I'm leaving Korea.

    The blog will still be there, and I'll be updating every once in a while (just not several times a day like before). But I will have some other things going on, meaning I have to drastically cut the amount of time I spent on my Korean site.

    But, there should still be plenty for you to read, so I hope I haven't lost a reader. Thanks again.

    Oh, and I'm glad I look different than you imagined. I'm not so angry (I look more Kevin Bacony than angry).

    ReplyDelete

Mga sumabay sa aking byahe