Friday, September 16, 2011

Stress Medicine


During the first few weeks of August I was having a hard time adjusting to the new work environment. Di ko alam but I felt so drained. Super pagod pagkatapos ng 9 na oras na pagtatrabaho. I admitted that there was something wrong with me. Life was boring, including weekends. 

Then one day, as I was cleaning the house and rummaging through my old stuff, I found a piece of paper that reminded me of a very important thing. It was a small note from my Korean manager from the previous company. It was to relay a message from a student. It was from someone named Mr. Crom and it said


"Thank you for making me confident enough and I wish you good luck."



It was just very simple but it reminded me why I am still in this kind of job. I teach English to Koreans online. 
I know that I'm not the smartest....I know that I don't have the best teaching style..I know that I'm not excellent in grammar...but I can feel that I can make my students very confident in speaking English. And I think that's my forte. 



Upon realizing these things....I came to realize what I promised myself way back. 

"I will make my students the most confident in speaking English with me..and that's where they will get strength and motivation to continue with the learning process."

..and this is what I'm going to do with my new students. 





When I started doing it, I found my job less stressful and more at ease. I saw everything in a different light. I din't get easily cranky with 'bobo' learners. I get to empathize with difficult and impatient clients.

That's why I always keep this note. I even put in my wallet to always remind me of my promise to myself. 

And this is the story of the small note on my wallet my colleagues are curious about. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mga sumabay sa aking byahe